Burglars burst into a Russian house and stole thousands of euros18 September 2019
Smart ATM Surveillance System11 April 2020
Tips about burglary. How to prevent it and how to deal with it?
All people feel a special sense of security in our home and in our personal space in general. The unwanted invasion of a home is truly a traumatic experience for anyone experiencing it. For this reason we want to give you some small tips to prevent any intrusion / burglary but also to explain how you should react in such a case.
Preventing burglary in homes
- Do not leave unsecured main doors of your house. Keep the main doors always locked.
- Avoid opening the front door to strangers without confirming the identity of the person who wants to enter.
- Using a security door and double security in windows makes it more difficult and prevents burglars for selecting your house to enter.
- Use exterior lighting at the entrance and courtyard.
- Leave your vehicles in front of the entrance to your home.
- Use of fences to protect external pipes and air conditioning units in order to prevent burglars from climbing upstairs.
- Installation of a siren to indicate that the home is protected by an alarm system, even if the siren is a dummy. The view of it prevents most of the invasions.
- If you live in a block of flats and you see a stranger at the entrance inspecting it, you better go your way and do not enter the block at that moment.
- Use of curtains to prevent the burglar from looking inside the house and to identify any objects that may become a target.
- Use a security alarm and activate it even while you are sleeping.
- Acquisition of guard dog or defense dog. Even small puppies can be a deterrent since their barking is very loud and annoying.
Dealing with burglary when you are in your home
- Initially try to keep yourself calm and in no case do not start yelling.
- Isolate yourself in your bedroom.
- Pretend you’re asleep. This will protect you from getting involved with the intruder.
- Call 112 for emergency calls and try to leave the line open.
- If the burglar is armed, fall to the ground with your head bowed. There is nothing more important than your life.
- If it is safe observe the physical appearance of burglars and details like clothes, vehicle registration etc. so that you can help the police to identify the perpetrator.
- Do not touch the places where the perpetrators moved until the police arrives and inspects your place.
- An armed burglar is almost never alone. There is at least one more armed to cover. So do not attack.
- The purpose of burglars is never murder. The killing follows the panic caused by the reaction of victims (bullying strokes) so do not show resistance and do not pretend heroes.
- Once they are gone do not pursue them immediately as they may shoot you.
Learn more here about how you can protect your space:
The company uses webcams or analogue, color, day or night vision, hidden or visible, fixed or mobile, indoor and outdoor cameras. These cameras have a high level of resolution. The company also uses special digital cameras which recognize faces and follow human movements. Thermal cameras are also available which detect thermal energy emitted by an object or body and are based on the difference in temperature between the objects.
Protect your home, business and premises against robberies, burglaries, and other dangers by means of wired or wireless sensors. They detect each and every human movement inside and outside the protected area. This system is specially designed for ease of use by the whole family, from children to the elderly.
See and talk with your visitors from wherever you are, before opening your door. Protect your family from unwanted visitors. Especially for areas with simple requirements such as dwelling homes and offices, as well as for high-demand areas such as condominiums and residential complexes with multiple entrances with various functions.